Saturday, May 18, 2013

Best Dessert Ever...



Image courtesy of littlelifeofmine.com

THIS is looking pretty darn tasty right now...
... And it will continue to look tasty up till Halloween.

For those of you who may be scratching you heads, let me put it this way: Nelson Baby #4 is due on October 31st, and we couldn't be happier!!

This pregnancy has been different in several ways:

1. I finally experienced what morning sickness is all about. (Blech!) I'm very thankful that part is over.

2. I have aversions to cakes, brownies, cookies... baked goods in general haven't really appealed to me. (Totally out of character, if you know me even a little.)

3. I've eaten more pork products in the last few months than in the last 5 years combined. To give you an example, I've had 3 hotdogs in the last 2 months. I hadn't had a hotdog for 3 years before that. Also, my grilled cheese sandwiches now include ham, and I've made spaghetti carbonara with bacon JUST for me twice. (Pork and I haven't been very good friends ever since 5th grade and a lesson on tape-worms... sorry TMI.)

4. Even though I'm not putting on much weight yet, my belly is showing much faster compared to my other pregnancies.

5. Approach me with a turkey burger at your own risk. (I wouldn't want to ruin your shoes.)

All in all, I'm doing great, and so is the little "ghost" inside me. It's a little funny that NONE of our children will have been born in the same state:
Natalie was born in Missouri.
Abigail was born in Michigan.
Elizabeth was born in Illinois.
This baby will be a Utah baby.

We've pretty much decided that the key to me getting pregnant is for us to move to a new state. (I've been pregnant during every single move.)

I hope you all enjoy your weekend, and I'll see if I can't get another post put up early next week (I know, I know, "Not, Saturday?!"... I'll try to do two next week. We'll see what happens).

Happy Saturday, all!



7 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! (love your daughter's name, btw.. we have a Natalie too and it doesnt seem all that common). Enjoy your pickles and ice cream! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps this one is a boy?............. best wishes, Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats. I hope you have an uneventful pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! :) I'm thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...